The girls cowboy hats are now recognized in the fashion industry as a part of "cowboy" tradition. They are significant pieces of accessory that can make every cowgirl's wardrobe complete. Decades ago, cowboy hats were valued much for being stylish and functional with their wider rain and sun protecting brims. They were also used to complement a few bold moves like swat a horse, fan a campfire, or pull water out of a stream. Today, girls cowboy hats are made with the same functional value and mostly worn for aestheticism in any western outfit or style.
Girls cowboy hats come in different styles, designs and colors from different manufacturers. They are easily available in stores which mainly deal in trendy western hats for women including Kentucky Derby hats and Western Straw hats for women. The most popular varieties include Bull hide cowboy hat, Reba cowgirl hat, Julia cowgirl hat and many more. When you visit a store it can be a challenge for you to pick up one from a large variety of girls cowboy hats. It is because they are all in attractive shapes, sizes, qualities, designs and prices.
A wide range of materials are used to make girls cowboy hats. The most widely used materials are straw and felt (prepared from beaver or rabbit fur). However, there are hats which are made of leather, wool, and occasionally with beer box.
When looking to purchase a girls cowboy hat, you will have to determine which quality hat you would like to wear. The quality is usually signified by the total number of Xs present on the hat. The more the X is in number, the finer will be the quality.
In felt girls cowboy hats, the X number signifies the quantity of rabbit fur and beaver fur present in them. The higher the amount of beaver fur the softer and more durable the cowboy hat will be. The percentage to number of Xs differs from one manufacturer to another. If a hat manufacturer uses 50X to indicate 50% beaver materials, a 4X cowboy hat may have 85% rabbit to 15% beaver materials.
If taken care of properly, a high quality felt cowboy hat can last anywhere between 20 years to 40 years or even more. So, when the hats are more costly, they are likely to last a longer period of time.
In straw cowboy hats, the Xs represent the quality of the straw materials used in them and how strongly they were woven. The finer their quality and the stronger their weaving, the higher would be considered their value.
Tips to Buy Girls Cowboy Hats
1. Determine what kind of cowboy hat you would like to buy. There is a wide range of designs and styles: Bull Hide cowboy hat, Reba cowgirl hat, Julia cowgirl hat, Scala Twisted Suede hats, wide brimmed cowboy hats, and many more.
2. Take an accurate measurement of your head size by using a soft tape. You need to measure 1/2-inch above your ears and eyebrows and also the circumference of your head. You can ask somebody to take your measurement.
3. Decide your head shape. It can be Regular Oval, Long Oval or Round Oval.
4. Select where you would like to shop for girls cowboy hats, such as an online retailer or a local hat store.
5. Purchase cheaper used cowboy hats through the online classifieds or auctions.
6. For the best possible deal, go to any specialized online western hat store.
There are currently no comments on this post. Be the first one!